August 20, 2014

Airports + Vacations

Hey Everyone out there patiently awaiting my Wednesday update and the Tuesday edition of Read it For You. I probably should have warned you all ahead of time, but I’ll be on vacation for the next three weeks. I’m writing this from the Delta terminal waiting for a flight delayed by 2 and a half hours, which means we’ll miss our connection (I’m traveling with my wife and two other friends) in Atlanta.

Normally it might be annoying but thankfully it’s happening at the beginning of our trip, and not on the way home, and I’ve always wanted someone to put me up in a hotel. As in, “Of course your flight and hotel will be covered, we’re just honored that you’re coming all the way here to speak about Reality Fan Fiction.”

… Of course I’m imagining they put us in a nice hotel, but I suppose it’s possible they put us up is some pay-by-the-hour hotel by the freeway, in the Chain-smoking suite, by the elevator, the ice machine, and the “crying babies only room”, otherwise known as room 251.

I just made that up, that’s not a thing. Babies don’t get their own room. Anyway I’ll let you know all about the accommodations and whether the breakfast they offer is continental or incontinental.

In the meantime, I invite you my dear readers to create your own RFF story in the comments. The first person gets to start the scene, as folks arrive they will add to the story! Adding dialog or a new characters, or whatever. Just remember the cardinal rule of improvisation: “Yes, and…” What this means is that you’re not negating what has already been added to the story, you’re agreeing with what has already been established and adding to it.

Your story is about: Where was Tyler invited to talk about RFF, and Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment